Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Rival

Lady bird I will show you that I am the man for you
I offer you this tasty peanut from my beak to yours
complete with a fancy dance of love
until my rival interrupts
and drives me away



Well, here we are at the end of the first week of NaPoWriMo. I hit a wall today. The prompt didn't do much for me, and I was very uninspired today in general. We were prompted to write about humor in love, using a specific form called tanka (a Japanese poetry form that predates haiku).  I strayed quite a bit from the prompt and the form, but I did at least have a love story to tell, sad as it is.



Day 7

3 comments:

KaHolly said...

Bravo! Heather, I have a young friend with a novel idea. Perhaps you'd visit http://www.postcardpoem.blogspot.com to check it out. Maybe I've tried to send you over there before. If so, I apologize for being a pest. Keep up the good work! I'm loving it! ~karen

James said...

I like the simplicity of this. Such a story resonates so powerfully beyond the birds.

Heather said...

Karen - Thank you. I will definitely have a look at the postcard poem blog!

James - Thanks. Upon rereading it, I would have to say this one's growing on me. I'm glad that the simple approach worked for you.